The Question : Read the outline for a narrative essay about President Kennedy’s involvement in school integration.
1. Although the Supreme Court ruling in Brown v. Board of Education called for desegregation of all schools as soon as possible, many states in the South opposed this federal ruling.
A. As schools in the South attempted to prevent integration of schools, I used the federal government’s power to enforce this federal ruling.
2. In May 1961, African American James Meredith attempted to enroll at the University of Mississippi, but he was met with opposition.
3. In June 1963, George Wallace, governor of Alabama, tried to block the entrance of two African Americans, Vivian Malone and James Hood, who wanted to register at the University of Alabama, and they, too, were met with opposition.
4. My actions as president with respect to school integration were
5. My commitment to integrate schools led to my further commitment in the civil rights movement.
A. One of my greatest legacies as president was championing the cause for integration in schools and public places and fighting for their equality.
Which term identifies the underlined sentence in the outline?
body topic sentence
!! 13 !! POINTS TO WHOM EVER ANSWERS CORRECTLY
So what is the correct answer? Answer:
It is concluding statement . Hope this helps! 🙂
You can use our website as a helpful resource in your history lessons. Please share your opinions about the answers to the questions in the comments section. Your comment will be reviewed and published by our moderators in a short time.