1. Emily Balcetis tells us that perception is subjective. What are some examples she gives to illustrate this point?
2. How can understanding how our eyes work us understand how it’s possible for one person to look at something (a person, an object, or an event) and see something very different than somebody else?
3. Balcetis set out to better understand why some people may actually see exercise as more difficult while some see it as easier and how our mind’s eye relates to this. Briefly describe the first steps she took to explore this idea and her initial prediction. Was her prediction correct?
4. Explain why Balcetis and her team came up with the slogan, “Keep your eyes on the prize.”
5. What was the big final question that Balcetis explored? What conclusions was she able to make after exploring this final question?
Please let us know your comments for the solution of the problem. Each of your comments will be reviewed and shared here.